Digital Photo - June 2012
The June issue’s complete guide to black & white will show you 10 quick and easy ways to make your mono pictures better than ever, and with every project and tip backed up by Photoshop video tutorials on the cover CD, you’ll soon discover that everything looks better in black & white!
We’ll show you how to…
- Use RAW for best-ever black & white
- Make perfect mono conversions in Elements & Photoshop
- Use Adjustment Layers for extra contrast
- Dodge & Burn the smart way in mono
- Add a high-contrast filter effect
- Create a dark & gritty old-school film look
- Duotone your mono images with Gradient Maps
- Create a stylish solarised look
- Add a retro viewfinder-style border effect
- Make stylish frames using any one of our 20 free border templates to give the finishing touches to your black & white pictures!
PLUS all this…
Use a Neutral Density (ND) filter to get a long-exposure and turn an average scene into a spectacular creative image.
Find out how to get sharper images and identify different types of blur, which aperture to use for crisp and clear landscapes and loads more in our big Q&A section.
Our resident experts appraise pictures just like yours and offer practical advice to make them better.
Technique of the Month
Use Photoshop to create an image that looks as though it’s been shot through a misty window in this quick, easy and fun technique.
Back Page Project
Set up your camera for shallow focus effects and turn household objects into arty pics!
- Full-frame shootout: Canon’s EOS 5D Mark III vs Nikon’s D800
- Pentax K-01 Compact System Camera
- Photoshop Lightroom 4
- Apple’s iPad 3